Friday, January 29, 2010

Questions

I feel the pain
but I don't know why
my heart is breaking
and I want to cry

why do I feel
like my world fell apart?
that an arrow
has gone through my heart?

why does it hurt
every time I breath?
I hate it,
this thing called grief.

as I lay in bed at night
the memories come
when did the pain
begin to numb

am I forgetting?
all those years we had together
how could I?
this was supposed to last forever.

is this life?
a mere mess of all my dreams
what is hope?
belief in a God that can't be seen?

or is this
a process of healing
that gives me strength
to get up each morning

some people say
true love lasts forever
I say
only God and his power

the hope he gives
when things fail us
the peace renewed
when we're restless

God gave me a loan
the time we had together
then called you home
to be with him forever

it may seem
I fear
that God
does not care

but the truth is
that love most times is blind
in the end
it will be all fine

and maybe, it is I
that do not care
because in heaven
my loved one is there

so until
we meet again
I love and miss you
my dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment