Friday, January 29, 2010

From Where I Stand

Am I strong enough for this
Or is fear over clouding
Desperate with no hope
Why am I hiding

They fight hard
They fight pure
I live isolated
Knowing there's a cure

The wall between
Built by mistrust and ignorance
I'm not silent
But am I making a difference

I beg God for a chance
For the others who are hurting
Why was it me
Why is this guilt not leaving

I say what I can
I do what they let
I hope it's enough
For someone to get

This responsibility
I've put on myself
Weighed down with heartache
No smile, joy or laugh

That's why it's easier to forget,
To pretend I'm an island
Because if I am
Then you won't have to understand

Understand that they are wrong
That they don't know it all
But you're just a puppet
It doesn't matter when you fall

The hope of a cure
They dangle within reach
You give them your all
Not knowing they're a leach

Once you've given all you can
They leave you to die
Your pain remembered
But dead you lie

I sit here and ask
How I can change this tragidy
Change the status quo
When you give in willingly

No poem can change the truth
But maybe open some doors
All I can do is all I can do
My pain will be because of yours

No comments:

Post a Comment